Monday, December 15, 2008

Flesh Failures Animation (boards)

I’ve recently started storyboarding for a one minute motion design piece. It’s basically an exercise in timing, composition and synchronization. The audio track is pulled from the song “The Flesh Failures (Let The Sunshine In)" written by James Rado, Gerome Ragni and Galt MacDermot 1969. On a sonic level the song is relatively upbeat despite it’s lyrics which are rather stark, psychedelic and rather grim at times. It is my intention to create a cohesive look and feel throughout the animation; subtly changing the visual tone thus creating a visual narrative that culminates in a burst imagery and energy to close out the animation. My primary tools for animation will be flash, after effects and hand drawn animation and of course Adobe CS. Type, layout and illustration are important elements in the design so I’ve also decided to create a small printed book to accompany the animations. Wish me luck!





No comments: